Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Global Head of August

According to my manager I have been appointed the "Global Head of August" which apparently means that as everyone else in the team appears to be taking some if not all of next month off which leaves your scaly green friend the only person with any experience with his hands on the controls.

Why is everyone off in August? Ah that would be because they all have made a lifestyle choice to have little kiddies and August is school holidays and of course as I have made the other lifestyle choice not to clutter up my existence with little ankle-biters everyone assumes that I won't want to take any holidays in the summertime.

Well thanks for consulting me guys. And also, as it was your choice to have kids, how come you get tax breaks and benefits from government and I don't?

Oi Cleggeron! How about a "Covering for you when you have to go to Tarquin and Chardonnay's school sports day / leave early because it's parents evening / must have a week in Lloret del Mar when it's sunny and you just have to put up with whatever's available in September" tax credit.

Yeah, didn't think so.

2 comments:

Blackpowder said...

Agree with this totally - hate it when they let the rats out. The cost of going anywhere doubles and the little swine get everywhere. When asked about sprogs the standard reply is "Their great but I just can't eat a whole one".

How about a tax break for those of us who are saving the planet from overpopulation.

Stephen said...

Disagree here, look at the market forces present in the holiday trade. I would rather the families take their children away in August at peak rates and allow me to have cheaper holidays at other times without the damn children spoiling our holiday experience.