Friday, February 05, 2010

My "Friend" HHV-4

Grumpy is currently playing host to this little fella:



That is my old friend the Epstein-Barr virus. The little bastard first hitched a ride back in 1994 laying me out with Infectious Mononucleosis (a.k.a. Glandular Fever) for five weeks. Unfortunately he's a cunning sod and hides after he's done his work, popping up to say hi every so often and giving you another smaller dose of chronic fatigue, a raging sore throat, joints that feel like someone is bending your arms and legs to places arms and legs were not meant to go and, joy of joys, the feeling that a eighteen-two clydesdale has just planted two rear hooves right in your nuts.

And then jumped up and down on them.

With his friends.

Just for fun.

This is day three... my draught horse friend had laid off my happy sacks enough this morning for me to feel like sitting at a computer. I kind of wish I hadn't as I just looked up EBV and it turns out that it causes cancer as well. Now there's a cheery thought.

Bloody viruses.

No comments: