Monday, March 22, 2010

More about moss

The mystery that is the moss deepens.

On returning to the hotel this evening I discovered that the moss has been moved 40 degrees clockwise.



and on venturing to the first floor restaurant (do try the sea-bass on tomato and olive, it's very nice) my moss has a friend but it's red and lives next to a glowing steel mushroom.



Strange things are afoot in Taikoo Shing Road!

But in other news, I do like the desk I've been given for the week, here's the view.



which kind of beats my normal desk view of "lots of other people and if I jump up and flap my wings really hard I can see a bit of window 300 metres away" into a cocked hat quite frankly. However one thing I do not have to do in my existing London office is swallow to stop my ears popping in the lift which climbs faster than my old PA28 Turbo Arrow.

Anyway this evening after communing with the moss I managed to accidentally gatecrash some rugby drinking club's party who had taken over the hotel bar (couple of free beers - woot!) and then went for a walk over to Quarry Bay park by the East Channel to walk off the food and beer a bit. All very nice and warm, people jogging, the occasional kissing couple and even a couple of old men doing their Tai Chi exercises.

I came across this too, I think it's an offering to the ghost of someone as I heard that in Chinese and Japanese beliefs there is no food where ghosts go to so they have to come back to this world to eat so their relatives leave food out for them. I don't know what happened here as this was right by the sea wall but I guess the dear departed must have liked Sprite and biscuits.



(apologies for pic quality - these were all done on my camera phone)

No comments: