Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Oining the Xtians

Keen students of this blog may remember a while back I had a somewhat forthright exchange of views with a Christian on whose website I left a comment to the fact that wanting cancer so you can glorify God through your pain was not so much warped and curved through l-space on four or five higher dimensions.

Well it's turned out that our little discourse generated a blog post of its own which you can read over here (Hey she gave me a link, only fair I return the compliment) on the subject of swearing.

Apparently I'm possessed by demons, which would explain a few things.

I did leave a comment mentioning how I found it amusing that Xtians do seem to have this rather convenient excuse of blaming anything bad they do on demons, satan or whatever; you'll notice its never the fact that they might just, well, not be nice people.

She's turned comment moderation on though so I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

UPDATE: Well credit where it's due, the comment went up. We're chatting about horses now. Maybe I can introduce her to Epona.

4 comments:

handmaidmary-leah said...

Grumpy Darling!
You have no faith, and that is your entire problem.
You were moderated because I had no faith in you not to come and get all "sweary" over on my blog. My faith has grown, as is appropriate, through our discourse. If things change...
So, I love making new friends and hope to count you among mine. But for you, it would mean chatting with a Christian! and an Orthodox one at that!
Christ is in our midst!
Mary-Leah

Dracunculus said...

Hello Mary-Leah, pull up an incinerated knight and sit yourself down.

I wouldn't have sworn on your blog, would not be right as people reading it wouldn't be expecting it. My blog comes with a warning at the top; people carry on reading at their own risk.

Quite happy to chat with an Orthodox Christian so long as you're happy chatting with a libertarian atheist.

And I'm sorry about the "C" word - still think you have to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic to believe that suffering is noble mind you!

handmaidmary-leah said...

Well we have the libertarian thing in common then! :)
So what do you do with that pretty horse of your's? Rodeo? My son is trying to turn pro as we speak, he is at Window Rock tonight, that is in Arizona, heart of the Navajo Nation and he ison one heck of a great horse, called Rolypoly, don't laugh, she is tough, been to the National Finals Rodeo 6-7 times, so my boy doesn't stand much of a chance, but I have great faith in that horse not to get him killed. The seasoned ones know what to do, no falling down, or rearing over or chute-fighting, that is what the young ones do. So, RolyPoly will hopefully give him a go and they will have a full eight second ride. Wish I was there. Bummer.
So what do you do with you horse? I used to barrrel race but that was back in the day...
M-L

Dracunculus said...

Rodeo? I think you could set off a small thermonuclear device next to her and she'd just look at it disdainfully and do that snorty thing. Mind you I never knew that you actually had good trained rodeo horses; I'd just assumed that they were the nutty ones that Monty Roberts or the Parellis hadn't got around to sorting out yet.

I used to do a lot of eventing (showjumping, cross-country and dressage) but these days me and her nibs just bimble about the country lanes and go to the odd local horse show.

This blog is getting far too cosy :-)