Monday, August 06, 2007

Cantonese for Dragons.

Well it's definite. I'm off to China next week, well Hong Kong to be precise. Got the official go-ahead today and booked the flights, hotels, airport transfers and special socks to stop you getting DVT. I even picked up this handy book at the local branch of Waterstones:



Neat huh! Here are a few choice entries that I'm sure will come in handy.

No, I really am a dragon. It's a very bad passport photo.
不, 真正地我上午龙。这是一张非常坏护照相片。

My hotel room had bad Feng Shui so I set fire to the bed.
我的旅馆客房有坏水因此我放了火对床。

I can torch you together or one at a time, up to you.
我能一起烧成灰您或一次一个, 由您决定。

Point that lance at me once more and you'll be extracting it from your colon.
指向, 长矛在我更加和您从您的冒号提取它

Can I have something to eat that is recognisable as food in the western hemisphere?
我可以需要某事吃是可认识的作为食物在西半球?

Sausages! I demand sausages!
香肠! 我要求香肠!

Oh OK, some dim-sum and a bottle of Kirin then.
噢赞成、某一昏暗总和和一个瓶啤酒然后。


Travel is all business class, five star hotels and limo transfers of course; your scaly green friend does not rough it when someone else is picking up the tab. Just for shits and giggles I went to have a look what my carbon footprint was for the trip. 2.16tonnes of CO2 apparently.

If I leave the courtesy reading light on do you think I could add a few grams to that?

As they say in China "什么是全球性变暖?" 1




1 That's supposed to say "What's global warming?" but altavista thinks it says "What is the global change in sexuality is warm?" Well it makes about as much sense as carbon offsetting!

No comments: