As I work for Banco Di Haggis, one of the formerly proud and independent Scottish banks ZaNuLabour are about to nationalise, does that make me a government employee; a civil servant if you will.
If so can I have a copper-bottomed final salary pension, Nelson Mandela's birthday off as a holiday, 5 Whitley Days* a year and, if I feel like it, a couple of years on full salary sick pay sitting with my feet up at home because I have "stress". Oh and a straight 9 to 5 with an hour for lunch. And being able to go on strike at the drop of a hat.
I guess there will be some extra forms to fill in but otherwise it sounds like a sweet gig.
* Unrecorded sickness days - named after the brewer Greenall Whitley as they were used when you had a 5 star hangover and work was simply not an option.
OUT NOW: Peter Hitchens on Andy Burnham, Restore Britain, and the ‘Madness
of Cars’
-
Peter Hitchens returns to the Guido Fawkes Show with Adam Cherry and Max
Young to discuss why prisons are failing, why the UK is in terminal
decline, and w...
16 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment